For Financial Planning and Advisory Relationships:
· Intake Session and Discovery: We have you complete our Fact Finder and/or Discovery Workbook in order to attempt to learn everything there is to know about you regarding your financial life. We will help you identify your goals and prioritize them accordingly.
· Formal Financial Plan Presentation with Annual Updates: This includes running “what-if” or hypothetical scenarios based on changing factors. Through this planning, we can help you make informed decisions regarding when it makes sense to retire, what type of spending would be appropriate during retirement and helping to analyze social security strategies.
· Comprehensive Portfolio Review: We will review your investment accounts and give you our thoughts and where necessary, suggest changes (this includes sound advice as it pertains to potential real estate purchases/sales).
· Investment Management: For “advisory assets”: we offer to manage the assets for a competitive “advisory fee” which will be determined by the level of assets under management. This includes the creation of customized investment portfolios which are monitored and adjusted based on your specific financial situation. For non-qualified accounts, we can create tax efficient investment strategies with the ability to “tax loss harvest”, while also considering any carry forward losses from previous years.
· For “transaction based/non-advisory assets”: the costs are determined by the specific investment sponsor/investment provider and may offer additional compensation to the advisor. We have the ability to access these investment strategies and may do so when appropriate with full disclosure. Some of these vehicles may be more appropriate for those seeking tax-deferred growth and high net worth investors at the qualified purchaser level.
· Budget Review: After you complete a Cash Flow Worksheet outlining your income sources and expenses, we will provide cash flow analysis and help decide “maximum” levels of spending given your individual financial situation. We will also help you decide on an appropriate amount to hold in an “emergency cash account” and discuss ideas for future “dollar cost averaging”.
· Tax Return Review: While we are not CPAs and suggest that you discuss your specific tax issues with a qualified tax advisor, we do have tax knowledge and want to see your tax return. We like to do this before recommending certain investment or distribution strategies to make sure we are making thoughtful and deliberate suggestions from a tax perspective. We can also help guide you on your quarterly estimates based on your allocation and any tax loss harvesting that or may not take place before year-end.
· Retirement Plan Review: We make sure you are participating in appropriate type(s) of retirement plan(s) given the level/source of compensation and your overall tax situation. (i.e. Traditional 401(k) vs. Roth 401(k), Roth IRA vs. Traditional IRA, Defined Benefit Plan vs. SEP-IRA vs. Single K, etc..). In addition to reviewing your level of contributions given your goals we outlined together, we will also provide suggestions for the investments within that plan, even though we are not able to be compensated to doing so.
· Roth-IRA Conversion Analysis: We provide an ongoing annual analysis to determine if a Roth-IRA Conversion makes sense, and if so, at what level. We also consult with your tax advisor before implementation.
· Basic Estate Plan Review & Analysis: We review your estate plan and make sure that the registration and beneficiary designations for your investments/insurance policies are consistent with your asset distribution plan.
· Risk Management Analysis: Based on a variety of factors, we will review your current insurance policies (including life, disability and umbrella coverage) to determine if you are over or underinsured and can offer assistance and possible strategies.
· Unlimited phone calls and emails
· Access to our periodic “IntegriGen Intelligence” communications: We will email important insights on current events or helpful reminders about pertinent and timely topics.
· Strategic alliances with other professionals: If you are in need of coordinating other areas of your financial life, we can help make introductions. When this occurs, we do not receive further compensation from those third parties, so there is no conflict of interest.
· Ongoing Annual face to face meetings: We will meet with you to review your goals and objectives and any changes in your life that may impact your financial plan. We will also review your progress and monitor whether you are on track and working toward the goals we specified during our initial or most recent meeting.
Value Added Services
ADDITIONAL SERVICES FOR PLATINUM CLIENTS LISTED BELOW (Minimum of $1,000,000 under management)
· Account Aggregation/Family Financial Planning Website: We create a family financial planning website with the ability to update investment accounts daily using account aggregation capabilities. The website also includes a vault to allow you to store important documents such as wills, deeds, tax returns, etc.…
· Unlimited Access for Beneficiaries: As an added benefit, we offer guidance and advice to your beneficiaries. We offer our guidance as it relates not only the future distribution of family assets, but to their individual circumstances as well.
· Additional Accessibility/Face to Face Meetings: We offer more frequent meetings to review progress towards financial goals and coordinate/attend meetings with other advisors such as attorneys and accountants.
· Discuss Estate Planning Strategies with Attorneys: In our ongoing analysis, we discuss possible planning strategies and techniques as it relates to your personal goals, objectives, and comfort level.
· Business Succession Planning: For business owners, we review their succession plan and discuss strategies to address specific needs. We act as the quarterback with other 3rd party professionals including tax and legal advisers, independent business valuation review, etc.
· Coordinate Tax Planning with Accountants: We provide quarterly dividend, income, capital gain/loss reports to your CPA. This can provide clarity in the event estimated tax payments are being made.
· Withdrawal Strategies: We help formulate a plan to take withdrawals from various assets and strategies in the most tax and cost-efficient manner.
· Social Security Analysis: Based on your specific situation, we provide analysis as it pertains to when to apply for social security benefits.
· RMD Strategies: As you get closer to age 70 ½, we help plan for future Required Minimum Distributions from retirement accounts. In addition to calculating the RMD, we guide you regarding the most efficient way to take those distributions in conjunction with your “non-qualified” distribution plan.
Plan Your Financial Future
1. We want to care more about you and your financial well being than anyone who doesn’t share your last name.
2. Guide you to think about areas of your financial life that you may not have considered.
3. Help you prioritize your financial opportunities.
4. Help you determine realistic goals, and then put them in writing.
5. Study and suggest creative alternatives that you may not have considered that would help pursue your goals.
6. Help to prepare a financial plan and/or an investment policy statement for you.
7. Help you evaluate the an appropriate Social Security claiming strategy.
8. Review and evaluate your existing life insurance policies and if need be, help you secure the appropriate type and amount of life insurance to protect your family’s future.
9. Assist you in setting up a company retirement plan.
10. Sounding board service for friends and family.
11. Prepare personal financial organizer.
12. Assist in preparing an estate planning strategy for you.
13. Review your children’s or grandchildren’s custodial accounts, 529 plans, and college funding strategies.
14. Help you determine your IRA Required Minimum Distribution and remind you to withdraw it annually.
15. Provide reminders about key financial planning dates.
16. Check with you before the end of the year to identify any last-minute financial planning needs.
17. Guide you on ways to fund health care in retirement.
18. Leverage our experience to provide strategies you didn’t even know existed so you can potentially secure more income, reduce expenses, and get the most out of your finances.
19. Remind you about upcoming financial decisions that need to be made or serve as an “early-warning system” whenever potential challenges appear on the horizon.
Investment With Confidence
20. Prepare an asset allocation framework for you so you can attempt to pursue the best rate of return for a given level of risk tolerance.
21. Stay up to date on changes in the investment world.
22. Monitor your investments and portfolio performance on a regular basis.
23. Review your investments in your company 401(k), 403(b) or 457 plans.
24. Review your existing IRA’s and help you get the most out of them.
25. Help to convert your investments to lifetime income, if desired and appropriate.
26. Review and evaluate lending facilities and mortgages.
27. Find ways to potentially increase your income during retirement.
28. Record and research your cost basis on securities.
29. Implement salary replacement strategies for retirement income needs.
30. Help you understand the risk level that comes with investing.
31. Provide introductions and specialized investment analysts.
32. Behavioral Coach-Help you avoid selling low and buying high.
33. Provide breadth and depth of products and strategies.
34. Provide you with investment research.
35. Provide you with a personal investment analysis.
36. Determine the risk level of your existing portfolio.
37. Help you consolidate and simplify your investments.
38. Provide you with investment research that is both usable and easy to understand.
39. Provide introductions to top tier money managers.
40. Show you how to access your statements and other financial information online.
41. Consolidate investments for easier record keeping.
42. Strive to simplify the investing process.
Evaluate Your Tax Situation
43. Help you invest in a tax savvy manner.
44. Suggest alternatives to lower your taxes during retirement.
45. Suggest investments that may help you reduce your taxes.
46. Collaborate with your tax and legal advisors to help you pursue your financial goals.
47. Monitor changes in your life and family situation and how they can impact your finances.
48. Proactively keep in touch with you on a regular basis.
49. Serve as a human glossary of financial terms such as Beta, P/E Ratio, and Sharpe Ratio.
50. Provide referrals to other professionals, such as accountants and attorneys.
51. Share the experience of hundreds of other clients who have faced circumstances similar to yours.
52. Help with the continuity of your family’s financial plan through generations.
53. Facilitate the transfer of investments from individual names to trust, or from an owner through beneficiaries.
54. Keep you on track.
55. Identify your savings shortfalls.
56. Develop and monitor a strategy for debt reduction.
57. Function as an experienced sounding board for ideas you are considering.
58. Help you avoid costly mistakes.
59. Be There For YOU!
All investing involves risk including loss of principal. No strategy assures success or protects against loss.
Dollar cost averaging involves continuous investment in securities regardless of fluctuation in price levels of such securities. An investor should consider their ability to continue purchasing through fluctuating price levels. Such a plan does not assure a profit and does not protect against loss in declining markets.
Traditional IRA account owners have considerations to make before performing a Roth IRA conversion. These primarily include income tax consequences on the converted amount in the year of conversion, withdrawal limitations from a Roth IRA, and income limitations for future contributions to a Roth IRA. In addition, if you are required to take a required minimum distribution (RMD) in the year you convert, you must do so before converting to a Roth IRA.
Asset allocation does not ensure a profit or protect against a loss.
email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org | 301-251-1005